Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

My amazing garden!

Kia ora!
Are you having a nice holiday?
Today my Mum and Me had a couple more animals in our garden!
Here are some facts about penguins!

  1. Penguins are flightless birds.
  2. Most penguins live in the Southern Hemisphere.
  3. Penguins can drink sea water.
And here are some about cheetahs!
And here are the pics!

  1.  Cheetahs have a pale yellow coat with black dots on the upper parts, and are white on the underbelly. Their faces are distinguished by prominent, black lines that curve from the inner corner of each eye to the outer corners of the mouth.
  2.  These fierce felines hunt during the day to avoid competition from other powerful predators such as lions, hyenas and leopards. And boy, can they hunt! First, they use their exceptional eyesight to scan their surroundings before quietly stalking their chosen prey. Then, when the time is right, they sprint from cover, knock down their victim and kill it with a bite to the throat.
  3.  As sprinting at such mega speeds uses a lot of energy, a cheetah chase is usually limited to 200-300m, and lasts less than a minute.
    Have you had animals in your house?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia here is a fact about penguins did you know that penguins can live under water! and how do you get those animals to pop up on your garden I really like that no i do not have an animal at my house but i have a cat that vists us everyday wanting food and a snuggle it is a grey and white cat bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just on google search (on a phone or a ipad)!
      Cute catšŸ±šŸˆ

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post